A tasty homemade recipe if you like baking at home! Enjoy this recipe of Cinnamon bites for you and your dog.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or you can substitute with rice flour or all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp cinnamon (depending on your preference)
Cream cheese drizzle (optional):
1/4 cup light cream cheese
1-2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 175 C (or 350 F).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl stir together water, egg and oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until you have a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough with a rolling pin or pat until flat with your hands.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up like a Swiss roll and pinch the edges to seal.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the roll into slices (about 2 cm thick for each slice).
- Place slices cut side down on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, or a light layer of oil, or with wax paper cover.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until springy to the touch.
- Wait until they have cooled completely.
- Drizzle after cooling with cream cheese icing (optional, mentioned above in ingredients section).
- Store extra in a tightly covered container, store the container in the fridge.
- We don’t recommend those for puppies below 4 months of age
- Try not to give your dog more than 2 per day
- If you know your dog has a sensitive stomach to dairy products, skip the cream cheese drizzle step
- Some dogs don’t like the taste of cinnamon, you can also easily skip this in the recipe
- Rice flour is the safest to use for dog treats and pastries. You can find it in supermarkets.