We all want to do what is best for our doggies and the first thing that we think about is always what to feed them. We are caught in the dilemma of what to feed them, whether dry food, raw, fresh or mixed. Dry food is great, but is sometimes expensive and we really are never sure about the value of the nutrients it includes. Fresh and raw food are also great, but are they really balanced enough? To answer your questions we bring you three recommended homemade dog food recipes that are both healthy and balanced.
Chicken and liver
- 1 whole chicken including liver and hearts but without bones.
- 1/2 kilo rice
- 1/2 kilo veggies ( carrots, beans, sweat potatoes, zucchini, or broccoli)
- Cottage cheese 2 tablespoons / 1 egg ( per serving not recipe)
Mix all ingredients in one pot with water (around 4.5 cups), and boil for about an hour. Add the egg while serving.
Ground beef and rice
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup peas
- Cook rice separately and set aside.
- Cook ground beef in one tablespoon olive oil, when almost done add veggies and stir until all cooked.
- Mix all together and serve
- 1/2 kilo fish fillets
- 3 eggs ( raw or cooked)
- 3 cups veggies
- 1 cup rice
- Grind or dice fish then cook
- Boil veggies and rice then add eggs
- Mix all and serve
Read also on the benefits of fish for dogs
Compiled by Farah Khaled
Sources: heavy.com , Damn Delicious , Money Crashers